Dr. Jean Kirkpatrick founded Women for Sobriety in 1975 after years of alcohol abuse. Her New Life program, based on the following 13 Statements of Acceptance, has helped thousands of women throughout the world stop drinking, take charge of their lives, and grow in courage and self-confidence.
2. Negative thoughts destroy only myself.
3. Happiness is a habit I will develop.
4. Problems bother me only to the degree I permit them to.
5. I am what I think.
6. Life can be ordinary or it can be great.
7. Love can change the course of my world.
8. The fundamental object of life is emotional and spiritual growth.
9. The past is gone forever.
11. Enthusiasm is my daily exercise.
12. I am a competent woman and have much to give life.
13. I am responsible for myself and for my actions.
The New Life Program is copyrighted by Women for Sobriety, Inc.. Daily Celebrations is honored to have the one-time permission to post the above statement. Please visit the WFS website for more information...