The best way to help yourself is to get involved with helping others. To make a difference, volunteer. "We cannot all see alike, but we can all do good," observed successful entrepreneur P.T. Barnum.
Volunteering to help someone else pays off in so many ways:
• When you help, you appreciate what you have and realize how blessed you are.
• It's great for your career, because it looks great on a resume and is a super networking tool to finding more career and personal contacts.
• Helping others builds your self-esteem. You feel good because you are making a difference. People need you!
• It's so important to help others. There is value, priceless value in giving time and resources to others.
• When you are volunteering, it's all positive... There's no time to feel lonely, guilty, or afraid.
To quote Helen Keller, "I am only one, but still I am one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."